I can help assess, diagnose and treat patients with a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties and problems with eating and sleeping. I employ the developmental perspective to understand child and adult problems. I also offer help and advice to families.
Dr Ivona Bialas
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Helping patients and their families.
- ADHD: problems with attention and/or hyperactivity, particularly when Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is suspected
- Depression and Anxiety
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Drug and Alcohol dependence and problem use
- Tic Disorders and Tourette’s Syndrome
- Eating Difficulties
- Young people who have physical symptoms which puzzle paediatricians
- Children who have received various assessments and diagnoses whose problems need clarifying
- Adults who need help with issues from their own childhood and parents who require help with parenting
- Mothers and babies or expecting mothers with emotional difficulties
- Sleep Problems
This is not a complete list but is meant to give a general idea. Patients need to be referred to me in writing by another doctor, usually a General Practitioner or a Paediatrician.
Contact Dr Bialas
If you or someone in your family has mental, emotional or serious relationship problems or neurodevelopmental problems then Dr Bialas will be able to help with advice, diagnosis and treatment options.